Simple & Fast Vegan Blueberry Muffin Recipe
This egg-free and dairy-free blueberry muffin recipe is easy, simple, and quick. It only requires 8 ingredients total and can be mixed all in one bowl. Yay, for only a few dishes to clean!
If you want a recipe that tastes great with your fresh blueberries, then give this recipe a try. Don’t have fresh blueberries? No worries! Frozen blueberries work just as well.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you purchase an item through these links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Please read the full disclosure policy for more info.
Ingredients Needed For Simple Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Like I mentioned above, this recipe only requires 8 ingredients total. They’re all pretty standard ingredients as well so you probably already have everything already at home.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Non-Dairy Milk: I like almond milk but you can use soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk if you prefer.
- Canola or Sunflower Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
If you have your own blueberry plants or have gone blueberry picking recently, this is a great recipe for incorporating them. The muffins freeze well so you can easily double or triple the batch to save some in your freezer for later.
How To Make Easy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
In a mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until combined. Then add the wet ingredients one by one. Stir for a minute or so and then stop so that the batter doesn’t get too thick and tough.
Then add in either fresh or frozen blueberries. Fold them gently into the batter making sure not to squish them.
Spoon the batter into paper lined muffin pans or lightly grease the pan with coconut oil. This recipe will make 12 regular sized muffins. Cook them in the oven for around 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan.
Can These Blueberry Muffins Be Made Oil-Free?
Yes, to make the blueberry muffins oil-free replace the oil with the same amount of unsweetened apple sauce.
How To Make Blueberry Muffins Gluten-Free?
Yes, the all-purpose flour can be substituted at a 1:1 ratio with gluten-free all-purpose flour. This is the one I recommend.
How To Store Leftover Muffins
Leftover blueberry muffins will be fine on the counter in a covered dish for about a day. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you made extra muffins for the purpose of freezing, wrap each muffin individually with parchment paper. Then place them into an airtight container or freezer bag. The muffins will stay fresh in the freezer for up to two months.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ⅓ canola or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a whisk until combined.
- Add the non-dairy milk, oil, and vanilla extract (wet ingredients) one by one next. Only stir for about a minute so that you don't overmix and cause the batter to get too thick.
- Next, gently fold the blueberries (fresh or frozen) into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased muffin pan or muffin pan with paper liners. This recipe will make 12 standard-sized muffins.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. To test whether the muffins are done, insert a toothpick into the middle. They're done when it doesn't come out with wet batter.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before trying to remove the muffins.
To make the recipe oil-free, replace the oil with the equivalent amount of unsweetened apple sauce.
To make the recipe gluten-free, replace the all-purpose four with gluten-free all-purpose baking flour at a 1:1 ratio.
To save leftover muffins, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To freeze muffins, wrap each muffin individually with parchment paper and place them in an airtight container. They'll stay in the freezer for 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 muffins Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate and is for estimation purposes only.